GAL: Quest 1 (Completed)

For all games that are now over.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 20)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Up to you guys of course, but don't worry about discussing plans of action in the thread 'in front of me' - it won't have any impact on whether your plan works or not. Of course, there's also PM's between you if you want to keep things completely secret :)

Just mentioning since the aims of the super-secret-move-the-chests plan seems a little confusing!

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Yeah I don't really know what we are doing either. But I didn't have an idea, so I will execute someone else's.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 pm

I'm hoping there's something to it. Like I said, the only thing I could think of was trying to pull the switcheroo on the skeletons.

But I'll help move the chest down, then trade places and torches with Walks, and we'll see if we can lure the spider back out and shoot it.

There was also the question of having the gnomes make something for us, but I'm not sure what that would be at this point.

We really need to coordinate here.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

WearsHats wrote: We really need to coordinate here.
Yes. Please. Because I feel like TL is going "WAAAH! WTF! HOW CAN YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE SOLUTION YET! SO STUPID!!!"

But that may just be me.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:18 pm

William of course has ideas...William always has ideas...
William decides to hold off on shooting his bow at the moment...

OOC: Well the idea was simply to utilize the trunks as a way of ridding ourselves of those pesky stingers....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 am

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:23 am

SGTdude wrote:
WearsHats wrote: We really need to coordinate here.
Yes. Please. Because I feel like TL is going "WAAAH! WTF! HOW CAN YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE SOLUTION YET! SO STUPID!!!"
Not at all :) Take your time to sort this out if you need to, I'm not going anywhere. Besides, who says my solution is the only one? If you guys come up with a legit plan I didn't think of it'll work just the same. I like surprises like that :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 am

I'm frustrated with how it went down, too, Gathers. I've been frustrated for a few turns now. I'm sorry you were left hanging. I'd still like to try my plan. I feel like I promised to help with the chests first, and I was hoping there was actually a plan there, but I figured we could always try mine next. I didn't see yours. I think it's risky. There are a lot of unknowns, including whether the spider can stick to the wall rather than just the underside of the bridge. I'm willing to give it a try, but I think luring it out and shooting it is safer to try first. We can ask the gnomes to make some rope for us in the meantime. How does that sound?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:13 am

I liked the spider killing plan. I just didnt see how it lead to me doing anything other than watching others act. That is why I went forward with "operation: get the boxes and then we will figure out what to do with them." If there is a place in your spider plan that is not "throw Odd to the spider" you have my full support.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 am

► Show Spoiler

Action:
Walks will aid Mines and Odd with getting the chests down into this room. (If possible without Walk moving between the rooms; just have one of the goblins drop the chests from the platform in the room above, the other goblin receiving it, then dropping it down the ladder for Walks to catch it. Put the chest aside, then rinse and repeat with the other two chests.)
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 am

Well I thing the big guy and you could kill the stingers, it looks like you could reach. But that would be dangerous.

I like any plan that kills the spider eith minimum risk but I don't see arrows taking out that spider as we nearly died fighting rats. Maybe we can use the boxes to trap the stingers.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:35 pm

► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Well, as long as I'm up here, I'll finish moving the chests. Maybe we can make good use of them. But then I'd like to trade torches with Walks, use the spear to lure the spider out, and try to shoot it. Maybe it won't do enough, but it's worth a shot (so to speak). If that doesn't do it, we can try the bridge drop plan (higher risk, but likely to do the job if we can make it work).

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:43 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 21)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Turn 21

"Wouldn't that sign go great in front of the inn? We got to remember to get it before we leave."

Mines, Wallks and Odd climb up to the chests and kick them down to the level below. Their useful indestructibility means they survive the drop down without a scratch.

William waits downstairs.

-----------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Stats & Loot [Items in red are currently equipped]
.[tabs: Odd Duck]
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
HP: 4/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

[tabs: Walks With The Wind]
DEF: 1
HP: 3/5

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
Torch (lit): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
Rat Corpses (x2)
Skull

[tabs: william]

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)
Skull

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

ITEMS:
Torch (lit): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
Venomous Spear (+2 ATT): Venom has a chance to paralyse the enemy.[/tabs]

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Continue moving the chests. As long as one of us has a lit torch, we're fine. I'll extinguish mine if necessary, but not if Walks extinguishes hers.

Do we want to get cloth scraps (NOT the trolls' underwear) from the gnomes to make fire arrows?

Also, there's a problem with this plan. The stingers can survive in the acid pit. I'm not sure about the chests. Does indestructiblity extend to being immersed in acid?

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Kicking boxes = lolz. Also, love my mask!

This plan is great! Stuff is happening. Keep moving boxes

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 pm

► Show Spoiler
Actions:
Walks continues moving the chests, too, without extinguishing her torch.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 pm

WearsHats wrote:Does indestructiblity extend to being immersed in acid?
Indestructibility means exactly that, no exceptions. I said it before, so the rule sticks (at least for these particular chests in this particular dungeon). It seems like a dick move to change that on you now, and besides, acid doesn't dissolve wood (especially magic indestructible wood) on a time scale you would need to worry about :)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 pm

New plan: kill spiders, kill acid fairies, use boxes a bridge to free gnome and get loot, put acid in chest (indestructible), pour on skele's, loot moar.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:59 pm

So, ICYMI, Gathers came up with a new plan: Lure the spider under the bridge, then drop the chests on it. If we can make that work, it's probably the best plan.

Can we make it work? The spider doesn't seem inclined to leave its web, and the gnomes say it prefers to catch distant prey by webbing it from a distance.

Either way, we (i.e. William) should ask the gnomes for some rope to tie the chests together. If the chests float and the rope doesn't melt in the acid, that should facilitate using them as a bridge. (May also help them fall better when we retract the bridge. And catch any stingers who would have flown between the chests.

We should also maybe ask the gnomes for some rags (not troll laundry) to make fire arrows, just in case.

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:36 pm

OOC:
thinkslogically wrote:
WearsHats wrote:Does indestructiblity extend to being immersed in acid?
Indestructibility means exactly that, no exceptions. I said it before, so the rule sticks (at least for these particular chests in this particular dungeon). It seems like a dick move to change that on you now, and besides, acid doesn't dissolve wood (especially magic indestructible wood) on a time scale you would need to worry about :)
This does not however mean that magic indestructible wood floats in acid...

Which was what was preventing me from claiming it might be used as a bridge when I thought up the idea to trap the stingers in the boxes...

I saw four possibilities with the boxes being dropped into the acid...

1) They are taller than the pit is deep and we make a nice bridge
2) They are smaller than the pit is deep and float...
3) They are smaller than the pit, and sink to the bottom...
[strike]4) They dissolve quickly in acid....[/strike]

WearsHats wrote:
Also, there's a problem with this plan. The stingers can survive in the acid pit.
Well I was trying to trap them, but even blunt force trauma en mass with objects that were just cluttering up the place seemed like it had value. Killing them via being held in acid was not part of the plan. If we lure Mr Spider under the bridge and release the box trap...well then none of the stingers are going to get hurt since they'll be hiding under the surface of the acid.
WearsHats wrote:
Do we want to get cloth scraps (NOT the trolls' underwear) from the gnomes to make fire arrows?
No, though it sounds good we still have the possibility of the Chests pretending to be mini-Titanics so I'd rather have the rope...

Also we can turn the rope and one of the skulls into a weapon that might easily annoy our eightlegged nemesis. >:D

IC: William will go and see about helping the chest movement to the right level...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Why not turn rags and a skull (not mine) into adummy to lure spider?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I was assuming that a few bits of scrap rag would not keep us from also getting rope.

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:46 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler