Great deal on Goblins PDFs!

Discuss the comic here!
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Great deal on Goblins PDFs!

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:45 pm

In case you missed the announcement, the Goblins card game Kickstarter now includes a nifty bonus from Thunt and Danielle. Anyone pledging at the $11 level or higher will now receive, in addition to all other rewards, download codes for free copies of the Goblins PDFs.

It's a great way to read or reread the comic, with no lag between pages. And the PDFs have exclusive bonus content not found anywhere else, even the physical softcover editions. You get extra Goblins short stories, running commentary from Thunt on Book 2, the early draft version of Goblins (when the story was Kobolds), behind the scenes information, and more!
► Show Spoiler
Also included is Danielle's ebook, the Hyper Halfling's Book of Lists. It's a giant crosslinked collection of random tables. An invaluable resource for a GM, designed to let you randomly generate all sorts of items, NPCs, places, and more on the fly. Your party walks into a new town. What's the tavern called? What about that inn down the street? Who is the bartender there? They waylay a stranger in the street to ask for directions. What's his name, race, description, and occupation? They fight off a mugger and find a helpless victim unconscious in an alley. What's in her backpack? Figure out all that and more in a matter of seconds!

All that for $11. Plus your name in the game credits. And a personalized badge to identify you as a supporter of the campaign. And the right to purchase anything from the campaign (the game, expansion sets, t-shirts, etc.) after the campaign closes but before it hits the shelves. And any additional "instant rewards" bonus content released during the rest of the campaign.

This is a good way to support Thunt. Besides his share of the money from the campaign and royalties from the game, this is a good opportunity to bring in new readers and fans. And to prove the marketability of the property, which could help other projects down the road.

So, if you've got $11 to spare, this is a great deal all around.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

leopardessmoon
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: leopardessmoon

Re: Great deal on Goblins PDFs!

Post by leopardessmoon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 am

awesome! so everybosy go and donate! I already have all three PDF's so I am going to give mine as a gift to someone... not sure who yet! :D

I would love to see this hit the $180,000 goal... because I want to see what the purse of coins entails! woo!
Leopardessmoon,
"just call me Leo, its easier to type "
leopardessmoonspa.forumotion.com/ ~LMD MOON SPA!
tinytomes.forumotion.com/ ~TinyTomes~

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:22 am

i saw mini figurines and cursed we didn't know about that sooner.

HennaGaijin
Of Few Words

Post by HennaGaijin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:42 am

Yay! Definitely glad I made it to the $11 pledge now! These sound awesome :)
*Insert witty signature here*

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:09 am

leopardessmoon wrote:awesome! so everybosy go and donate! I already have all three PDF's so I am going to give mine as a gift to someone... not sure who yet! :D
Throw it in as a prize for the Alternate Realities fan contest run (and sponsored !)) by (s)WearsHats.... ;)

It would be one of the few prizes I am interested in....
The game would be a waste on me, as I do not have time for a gaming group........
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:19 pm

I don't have a clue what I"ll do with the game, but I like having the pdfs thrown in, so I finally went and got it :)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:19 am

Same for me - $11 for the pdf set seems pretty decent so I chucked in for it :)

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 am

So I know we have to wait for the game to get made, and the stuff to get printed (and it is killing me) but when do we get the codes for the PDF's? Will we get those at the same time as the other goodies, or sooner?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 am

I was wondering the same thing, and have asked Evertide and Thunt by twitter today... awaiting a response... will post here if i get one.
-Best regards LAYF

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 am

friedkitty wrote:So I know we have to wait for the game to get made, and the stuff to get printed (and it is killing me) but when do we get the codes for the PDF's? Will we get those at the same time as the other goodies, or sooner?
I asked Thunt about it on the kickstarter streaming marathon. He said it should come about a week after the campaign ends.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

leopardessmoon
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: leopardessmoon

Post by leopardessmoon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:37 pm

I decided to have a mini contest to give away my PDF codes. click http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=621
Leopardessmoon,
"just call me Leo, its easier to type "
leopardessmoonspa.forumotion.com/ ~LMD MOON SPA!
tinytomes.forumotion.com/ ~TinyTomes~